Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Severe Turbulence on a Continental Flight

A Continental Airlines flight on Monday en route from Brazil to Texas hit sudden and severe turbulence over the Atlantic and was forced to make an emergency landing in Miami. Read more about it here and accounts from passengers here. It is an echo of Air France Flight 447 that came down in the Atlantic on May 31st, also originating from Rio de Janeiro.

We have experienced a bit of turbulence ourselves in our travels, but nothing, thankfully, this extreme. However, it is never far from our minds while we fly.

2 comments:

Maria Janelli said...

That's one of my fears. I hate flying, but I love to travel. I wish I could just port myself to where I want to be!

BezLu said...

Hey Maria, have you seen Lu's recommendation to help with this fear?